- 225g rose heads
- 450g sugar
- juice of 2 lemons
- Pick the roses when they are in full bloom, remove the petals & snip off the white bases.
- Place the petals in a small bowl, add 225g of sugar. Cover the petals & sugar & leave overnight to exact the scent & darken the petals.
- Pour 2 pints of water and the lemon juice into a saucepan. Stir in the remaining sugar. Heat gently until all the sugar has dissolved . DO NOT BOIL
- Stir in the rose petals, simmer further for about 20 minutes. Bring to the boil , boiling for about 5 minutes until thick.
- Pot, cool & cover in your usual way.