During the sultry Summer we were the appreciative recipients of some gorgeous plums given to us by neighbours & family. Never have I tasted such exquisite plum. this year they were exceptionally delectable! We had soo sooooo many to enjoy. One day we decided to stew some & decant into jars to keep in the fridge so we could have them with desserts, snacks & for breakfast. Any fruits we have to hand - in season - suits this dish. However it especially suited the plums. Although I'm not great lover of cereal, its quite a handy base upon which such moreish treats can be served.
Pecan & Maple Clusters are our usual favoured base but equally as good are Muesli
and also the more general cereals like Cornflakes, Branflakes etc
Fruit.. Victoria Plums
Natural Greek Yogurt
- Rinse the plums beneath running cold water
- Halve & remove the stone
- Add the halved plums into a small saucepan, add a drop of water
- Place the saucepan on the heat & cook the fruit until it softens to a stew like consistencey
- Remove from heat, allow to cool then decant into jars.
- Store in fridge until needed.
- Take a handful of your favourite cereal and add it to a small bowl
- First stir the Greek yogurt, then take a large tablespoon full of the yogurt and add the dollop on top of the cereal
- Next take a large spoonful of the stewed plums adding the fruit onto the yogurt
- If preferred, you can now add a drizzle of Maple Syrup which just rings a lovely completion to the flavours, texture & taste.
- If not eaten immediately the yogurt softens the cereal & the flavours become merged creating an almost caramelised flavour.
- Also Blueberries, Raspberries, Strawberries, Melon, Grapes & Apples are also sooo tasty. So do try all of them.
- Mmmmmmmm absolutely delicious
- Experiment & enjoy but much more than pleasure its quite a good wholesome ways to eat cereal for those of us who don't really enjoy the taste of cereal drowning in milk.