Except our gorgeous daughter, luckily she popped home from Uni, a surprise visit for my Birthday. What an idea opportunity to take full advantage of - to cook noodles - wagamama style - to celebrate.
So all fresh produce & many great flavours. Not sure if this is the best way to make a sauce (in an empty jar then shake) but its a great way & importantly I have concocted a simple way to mix the delicious flavours added to the noodles. Also mixing the flavours in advance & in bulk means you have some always to hand ready to add to noodles :) Mmmmmm
This was our platter of tasty chicken & prawn noodles . There are so many ways this platter can be cooked. you can marinade chicken before frying it, you can add sauce to the noodles or sauce to the vegetables. You can mix altogether in one pan or serve individually together on a plate. You will find your favourite way, i often forget so tend to mix my methods depending upon whats easiest at the time.
This method was mixing flavours together in jar, adding to the noodles. Chicken was marinated in chilli, soy & honey.
Medium egg Noodles
Chinese Five Spice
4 Chicken Fillets
Frozen King Prawns (uncooked)
Red & Yellow Pepper
- Mix the flavouring you like into an empty jar. 2 tablespoons of each & then add an extra one of the favourite flavour you love. Ours is chilliiiiiiii :)
- Wash & prepare chicken
- Cut chicken into smaller pieces
- Add large dash of chilli, honey & soy into bowl.
- Add chicken & mix together til all of chicken is covered in marinade
- Cover chicken.
- Wash & prepare king prawns.
- Wash & prepare vegetables. I use a potato peeler to make ribbons of carrot.
- Add dash of olive oil into wok & a few drops of sesame oil
- Heat oil until faint smoke appears
- Add mushrooms , sizzle & cook
- Add red onions into mushrooms, sizzle & soften
- Add peppers & carrots, sizzle & cook them until they look a little blackened, then lastly add spring onions
- If you have another pan, add oil & sesame oil, heat until slight smoke rises.
- Add the pieces of marinated chicken, keep moving continuously so the cooking is evenly.
- Once the chicken is ready remove onto a warmed plate. Cover.
- Add little more oil, heat until sizzling then add king prawns for few minutes til cooked.
- Boil kettle, add boiled water into extra large saucepan.
- Add dried noodles into the boiling water, stir with fork to separate. allowing them to cook evenly. Boil for around 4 minutes.
- Drain water off the noodles. Add the sauce, stir & add flavoured noodles into the vegetable mixture.
- Add the juicy flavoursome chicken, sizzled moist prawns & serve immediately.