Roast Pork & Roast Ham with all the trimmings .. yum.
English Cox Apples (but do choose your own favourite these just happen to be ours)
Sprinkling of Sugar
* You can also add spices, herbs, cider or port depending upon your taste buds & what meal you're having)
Drizzle of water.
Joint of Pork
Joint of Ham
- Wash & prepare meat ( Ham is best soaked in pan of cold water overnight to remove excess salt)
- Score the pork skin into thin strips, rub with butter & salt so it cooks to the most gorgeous crackling
- Wash, peel & prepare vegetables ready for roasting & cooking
- For this meal we roasted the carrots, onion & potatoes the remaining veggies were boiled.
- The cauli only for 6 mins then I made a cheese sauce, so it went into the oven with the Yorkshire puds
- Core & peel apples
- Remove the tough bits surrounding where the pips are & all pips
- Dice into slices or cubes, thin or thick depending upon how chunky you like your apple sauce.
- Add into saucepan with just a dash of water & sprinkling of sugar ( to suit taste)
- Bring to boil, simmer for 5 mins. Mix together with fork, apples should be nicely soft but retaining its shape unless you like it more mushy!
- Serve with roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese, greens, roast ham & roast pork Ooh of course remembering Yorkshire puds if you have a teen addicted to Yorkshires' :)
- We did have unexpected company for this 'two meat roast', so unfortunately I didn't manage to take photies of the dinner table & tureens as it was all a bit of a rush as I needed to make a cake for dessert and as usual my battery runs out!!
- Suffice to say all was devoured & enjoyed by all. . . and the cake was gorgeous too :) A Victoria sponge filled with raspberry & blueberry jam mix, whipped fresh cream & melted chocolate coating :)
- Happy Mothers Day to all Mothers, hope your children make you (or take you out for) a most delicious meal.