Maris Piper Potatoes
Brown, BBQ or Red Sauce
- The saute potatoes need to be cooked first so they can be browning off in the oven alongside the sausages. (You can grill sausages but my grill pan is usually full of bacon & tomatoes so I oven cook the sausages for convenience)
- Peel potatoes, quarter them then half each portion. Add into a saucepan of cold water. Sprinkle into the water a large pinch of rock salt.
- Add lid to the saucepan. Place saucepan on heat. Bring to boil for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, rinse the sausages in running cold water. Pat dry & place in an ovenproof tureen. Cover with tinfoil & place in bottom shelf of a preheated oven
- We had two different kinds of sausage, leek & pork were one flavour & smoked chill the other.
- Heat up some oil in a frying pan, add the drained par boiled potatoes.
- Saute until golden on all sides
- Prepare some onions, chortzio & tomatoes to saute after the potatoes.
- Once they're browned enough remove from heat & add into an oven proof tureen
- Continuing with the other ingredients to mix in with the potatoes. Remember to peel the chortzio, (remove the skin , insert the point of the knife & score then it can be peeled back easily) Cut into thin ribbons then dice into small cubes. Add to pan to saute.
- Quarter a few plum tomatoes then add into the chortzio pan.
- Peel, top & tail a small onion, Half then slice then dice into small cubes. Add to pan alongside chortzio & tomatoes. Sizzle & saute for a few minutes.
- Once sauted add the mix to the sauted potatoes, fold in & pop into oven.
|The skin peels off quite easily|
|My Dad used to grow yellow tomatoes, |
sooo juicy & sweet
- Once the mix is sauteed enough, return the potatoes to the pan briefly, this coats them in the lovely flavours before returning to ovenproof tureen
- Add uncovered to pre heated oven alongside the sausages
- Rinse mushrooms & remove the tips from the storks
- Then slice mushrooms into quarters
- Add large knob of butter to pan, warm to melt then add mushrooms
- Add mushrooms to melted butter, turn & coat the mushrooms with the butter
- Place a lid onto the pan over the mushrooms, cook gently on low heat, this allows all of the juices to blend into the melted butter
- Once the mushrooms are cooked to a tasty tender texture, remove the lid & bring to the boil
- Eventually the juices will reduced, the mushrooms will sizzle, crisping up on the outside whilst also maintaining their lovely soft cooked insides
|glistening & golden brown|
- Add into ovenproof tureen & place in oven . Cover in foil if you don't want then roasted any further.
- Pre heat the grill, turned to full heat.
- Trim rind from the rashers of bacon place onto grill pan ( iI use tin foil as a base so I can just chuck it into bin).
- Once the bacon's ready to be turned, add a handful of plum toamtoes between the rashers
- Open a tin of baked beans & place onto low heat.
- Turn bacon again until cooked to taste. Once cooked,wrap up into the foil & place into the oven alongside everything else. Lower heat as everything is now cooked & just need to be kept warm whilst the eggs are being cooked & the bread is toasting
- Pop some plates in the oven to warm through.
|Once it starts to solidify its almost cooked for those who enjoy their eggs a wee bit more soft|
- Remove the foil from the sausages & turn then over. Return to oven without foil
- Fry or scramble eggs. If frying add dash of oil to small frying pan & warm. Crack egg into pan & fry according to taste, we enjoy runny yolks so we never turn our eggs only add a drizzle of hot oil over the top of the yolk. If you prefer a hard fried yolk you can briefly turn the egg . Once the egg is cooked to taste remove & place onto a piece of kitchen roll to drain off excess oil.
- Butter toast
- Remove plates from the oven .
- Place toast onto warmed plates, add eggs
- Remove all food from oven, add to warmed plates & serve immediately.
- Add sauce, we have a small glass of fresh orange juice to accompany breakfast