(you can add a pinch of Mustard Powder)
- Remove outer leaves of the cabbage
- Half the cabbage lengthways, from top to base so youre cutting through the root. This makes the slicing of the ribboned effect very easy.
- Slice as much ribboned cabbage as you need. I usually make a great big bowlful to last all week
- Top, tail & peel the carrots (I usually use four carrots to about a third of the cabbage). Slice lengthways into thin strips. Then cut the strips up into matchstick size pieces of carrot.
- Add matchsticks into the bowl with the ribbons of cabbage
- Mix together ready for the onion to be added
- Top, tail & peel a med size onion, Halve & then slice into thin ribbons. Then cut into small diced pieces. Add onions to the cabbage & carrot mixture.
- Depending upon your preference, you can make the coleslaw very fine or quite chunky. We love ours chunky thus make it accordingly.
- Add a huge dollop of mayonnaise, add a large dollop of salad cream, add pinch of Colmons mustard powder & the juice of half a lemon
- Using two forks mix & coat all of the coleslaw with the creamy mayonnaise & salad cream combination.
- Serve with almost any Summer meal :)
- ENJOY!! :)