A fab meal without losing any of the wholesome, wow nourishing tasty factor winter dinners exude.
Sirloin Steak (or rump or fillet)
Salt & Pepper
Natural Greek StyleYogurt
Fresh Cream ( if you prefer but not a necessity)
- Rinse steak in cold water. Add into a heavy duty plastic bag. Bash the steak with a steak hammer.
- Remove fat & put back into fridge.
|this is sirloin steak, we buy these in bulk & freeze|
they're handy, tasty & great for all kinds of recipes.
- Top, tail & peel onions. Halve then quarter each half into lovely wedge shaped portions. Add some olive oil of butter to large frying pan. Saute onions till softish. Remove from frying pan & leave to one side for a moment.
- Rinse mushrooms, remove storks, cut & remove the outer edge of stork . Slice the mushrooms. Add to the frying pan the onions have just been sautéed in.
- Top, tail, peel, slice & dice 3 cloves of garlic. Add the garlic to the mushrooms towards the end of cooking, so the garlic cooks in the mushroom juices.
- Once cooked to suit your taste, add the onions to the mushrooms & garlic.
- Grate some nutmeg over the onion, garlic & mushroom mix.
- Also add a healthy pinch of English mustard powder onto the mix.
- Stir in the powders. Add sprinkling of flour - cook in & keep stirring all powders into veggie juices.
|Add spices & stir well|
|Pour in large dash of Brandy|
|Touch a flame to the brandy to set it alight|
- I always season our steak, but some think you shouldn't add salt.
- In a separate frying pan add a little oil & heat to a high temperature, as the blue haze rises add strips of steak & saute very quickly then take off heat. Meat should be browned on outside & lovely pinkish on inside.
|perfect strips for frying pan|
|sizzle the steak in a little hot oil|
|sizzle for 2 - 3 minutes max|
- Once the steak is sizzled, this really takes about 2 mins, remove from heat to add the mushrooms, garlic & onions into the meat pan (full of flavoursome juices)
- Mix altogether, add more nutmeg & mustard powder, stir in well.
- Add natural yogurt or dream.
|Measure out the rice needed, 1 cup serves 2 :)|
- Boil the kettle.
- Rinse the rice thoroughly until water runs clear.
|note cloudy water!!! |
ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS RINSE RICE THOROUGHLY
|Clear water, beautifully rinsed rice - makes all the difference to taste & texture.|
- Add salt into a saucepan, add rice & boiling water. Cook for 10 mins or whatever duration required
- Meanwhile keep stroganoff mixture on low heat whilst rice is cooking. Allowing flavours to amalgamate.
- Warm serving plates... ALWAYS REMEMBER TO WARM YOUR SERVING PLATES :)
- Rinse & drain cooked rice & serve.
|Brown on the outside, moist & pink on the inside.|
Hmmm, unfortunately the battery on my camera ran out before I could take a photie of our dinner plates, there was no way any of us would wait to eat :) Sorry no finished photie on plate but I can say & praise how quick, easy & totally delicious this dinner is. We have just as it comes but you could serve with veggies, garlic bread etc. Hope you will still give it a go .. . its worth the discovery :)