|.. some of the 'Girlies'|
|Clever Girlies !!|
In our garden, our chickens are the most useful pet, they earn their keep unlike the cats :) & pup. Every egg that graces our nesting box, I think is a wee miracle. There's nothing more delightful & awesome then holding a warm, egg, freshly laid in the palm of your hands. Still I feel such a thrill!! Still after 4 years I say to my hubby "feel, feel this" He'll smile & say "its a warm egg" Yet still he cant resist a little hold. Its the most amazing feeling, even out Teen'un loves to collect the eggs, loves to be welcomed home by the chooks running to greet her :) Oooh Happy Days. Natures gifts - awesome . . there are so many things about an egg which make me appreciative, ie. how Lola's eggs are a gorgeous bluey green colour, her yolks huge & orange. Always the same size . . . I mean how is that!! How are her yolks always the same size. We had 9 chickens at one time . . we only have two chooks at the moment but even when we had 9 I knew each & every egg respectively. Such amazing little cycles, little laying rituals & so in tune with nature. I could write a whole page on our chooks :) Today, Lola & Ethel are ... ooops foraging in the neighbours garden :/ Naughty chooks!!!!! .. be back in a moment :D
|Lola & Ethel|
- Grab a small saucepan, three chooks eggs, a knob of butter, dash of milk, pinch of salt & some freshly ground pepper . . (sometimes I add a pinch of English mustard powder) .
- Add all into the saucepan then pop onto a med heat.
- Stir constantly until eggs looks gooey, at this point they're almost cooked depending upon whether you like them moist or firm. I like the moist, so I switch the flame off at this point & keep stirring.
- Soon they're perfect, do watch them carefully as they're easy to overcook.
- Our daughter likes them fluffy & firm, so I leave her's on the flame a little longer.
- I serve mine with fresh plum or cherry or beef tomatoes. The rest of the family love toast with theirs. I don't always want to eat bread, so the tomatoes are simply gorgeous accompaniment & complement the eggs soo much.
- Simple, tasty & full of goodness . . either morning, noon or eve.